What you need to know about donating food
- Every donation makes a difference no matter the size!
- We have a minimum 2:1 buying power at most grocery stores!
- Providing healthy hampers to our guests is a priority.
- We have a walk-in fridge and freezer for fresh and frozen food donations!
- To maintain reliability, we cannot accept opened or expired food.
- See our most needed item of the month!
- 1KG bags are the ideal size for Rice, Sugar, Flour and Oats distribution.
Drop off locations
In order to maximize the impact of your contribution, please drop the food off at one our many convenient locations.
The Abbotsford Food Bank is located at 33914 Essendene Ave in downtown Abbotsford (We are the big blue building on the side of the hill). Donations can be brought to the lower level Monday – Friday between 8:30am & 4pm.
We also have food bins at the following Abbotsford locations:
- Garden Park Towers
Host a food / fund drive
If you are going to host a food drive, please let us know in advance- we want to help you make your event successful. Note: we run an annual CITY WIDE Food Drive in Fall, where we need teams of volunteer support and generous food & money donations. In addition, our greatest food shortages come in Spring & Summer.
Download our Food Drives 101 pdf below for some helpful tips.