What do I need to bring?
First time? If you’re an Abbotsford resident, come on down during our hours of operation. You will receive an emergency hamper on your first visit.
Miss your pick up date? Please call to make an appointment-
TO RECEIVE FOOD ASSISTANCE & CHRISTMAS BUREAU
You will be asked to bring the following:
- Proof of household* income (Social Assistance statement or deposit, Child Tax Credit amount, 2 pay stubs, proof of EI, Pension, or bank statement showing deposit)
- Proof of residency in Abbotsford (piece of current mail with your name on it)
- Medical cards for everyone in the family
- Picture ID
- If applying for Christmas Bureau only, please inform Intake Worker.
*household consists of all adults living in home.
Because of our limited supply of food, we cannot provide assistance to all who come to us for help. We will try to refer you to services that can accommodate your need. Thank you for understanding.
Hours of Operation:
Please note the time of hamper distribution depends on your household makeup.
- Families with Children in their Care Mon -Thurs 9:30am -12pm
- Youth Mon -Thurs 9:30 -12pm
- Seniors over 60 Mon -Thurs 9:30am -12pm
- Pregnant Mon -Thurs 9:30am -12pm
- Singles and Couples Mon -Thurs 1:30pm -3:00pm
Please note: if you have missed your scheduled hamper pick up date, please call 604-859-5749 to arrange a new pick up date. Thank you!
What is the Christmas Bureau?
Christmas can be a difficult time, especially on a limited income. Once approved for the Christmas Bureau, you will be either sponsored by the community or the Christmas Bureau. For those sponsored out to the community, you can expect to receive your food hamper, ingredients for a Christmas dinner and gifts delivered to your door by a sponsor.
For this you will NEED to be available by phone or email for the sponsor to clarify food and gift suggestions for your family and set up a delivery date or we will not be able to sponsor you out.
If you receive help through the Christmas Bureau you will have the opportunity to shop for your children in the toy room that is graciously stocked by our community, receive a regular food hamper, and some extra Christmas goodies.
What can I expect after I fill out the application?
Please note: Filling out the application DOES NOT automatically qualify you for the Christmas Bureau.
**Please ensure you are ONLY adding dependent children who are in your care. Unfortunately, we are not sponsoring grandchildren.
- A staff member will contact you if you need to update your food bank file or if you need to financially qualify (First time? Find out what you need to qualify click: here)
- If you are updated you will be contacted when matched or with a Christmas Bureau toy room date.
We’re sorry, ONLINE APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
For help over the holidays, please come into the Food Bank. We’re happy to help!
Please call the Abbotsford Christmas Bureau if you have any questions or concerns.
604-859-5749 ex 32
SUMMER CAMPS WERE AMAZING!
Interested in other camps?
Thank you for sending your children to camp!
Did your child enjoy soccer camp and are interested in trying other camps? We have all types of other day and overnight camps available. Please contact us! We would absolutely love to help get your child involved in more camps —whether it be soccer, gymnastics, sleep away camp, etc. Contact Samantha (604-859-5749) or click below to find out more.