We want to ensure our guests, volunteers, and donors that the team here at the Archway Food Bank is doing our very best to prepare and respond accordingly to the situation and news surrounding Covid-19. Our goal is to keep meeting the needs of individuals and families, and we’ll adapt and change the way we distribute food to keep people safe. We believe people should not go hungry and that continues to be our mission now more than ever.
To our guests
- As an essential service, Archway Food Bank is open and will continue to stay open even if the severity of Covid-19 increases. We have many plans in place to ensure that people in our community will still have access to our emergency food services.
- Your health and safety is a priority for us. We are now operating with a “drive-through” system for the time being. When you arrive for your regular appointment, a staff member/volunteer will help by bringing your loaded grocery cart to the door, where you can then load your vehicle or take with you. We are also taking extra precautions, for example, bagging all fresh products and disinfecting shopping carts, doors, etc.
- We please ask that if you need to speak to our receptionist, that you consider calling ahead rather than meeting in person.
- Despite some current grocery store shortages, we still have food although choices are more limited than normal, including fresh food at this time.
- During extreme times, we are taking extreme measures to be able to help those who recently finding themselves in need of food and have no alternatives.
- If you are needing help, and have questions, please call us at 604-859-5749 or click the button below for more options.
I need food
To our donors:
Thank you to all of you who have supported us in the past and the new donors who saw a need even before we asked. Here are the best and most appropriate ways to help out right now:
- Food Donations: Although we will still accept food donations, we do prefer monetary donations because of our buying power and flexibility to purchase exactly what is needed. This will also limit the manpower necessary to sort donated food and reduce the risk of transmission.
- Financial Donations: The best way to give right now is financially. Consider limiting unnecessary contact by giving online or over the phone at 604-859-5749.
Yes, I’ll donate!
- Volunteers Needed: We need healthy volunteers to help with hamper packing, fresh food sorting, and food delivery. If you are able, please consider taking a shift by filling out this form, and our volunteer coordinator Chris will be in contact with you as soon as possible.
Yes, I’ll Volunteer!
Thank you to everyone that has helped already! We are only able to serve our neighbours because of the generosity of our community. Thank you.