We’re very fortunate that our Food Bank building was not negatively impacted by flooding.. But we are very concerned about possible disruptions to our supply chain. As you know, thousands of people rely on us to access essential food service each month. During this local emergency we are also supporting some displaced individuals including approximately 50 Spanish speaking temporary farm workers.
We’re reaching out to you, our community, to help refill our supply of food or donate towards increased procurement costs.
Food Bank drivers normally pick up food from local grocery stores each day as well as recovering fresh food from stores and farmers. These processes have already been disrupted and we’re unsure how long operations will be impacted.
If you’d like to help, please see the list of most needed food items below. Donations can be brought to the Archway Food Bank (33914 Essendene Ave) between 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, or the main Archway building (2420 Montrose Ave) between 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Financial donations can be made at Archway.ca/flood
Thank you to everyone who has donated or reached out with offers to help already!
At this time, we don’t have the ability to process donations of clothing or supplies. We will update you if this changes and encourage you to donate these items to other organizations.
Most Needed Items
Here are the items we rely on to be there for our community:
- Grocery Store Gift Cards (suggested increments of $25 for consistency) (New Item!)
- Frozen Meat (including Halal Meat) (New Item!) Please drop off directly to Food Bank (33914 Essendene Ave)
- Fresh Produce (New Item!) Please drop off directly to Food Bank (33914 Essendene Ave)
- Canned Vegetables / Legumes
- Canned Meat
- Dry Red Lentils, Chickpeas or Kidney Beans
- Indian Tea
- Cooking oil (Canola/Olive/Avocado)
- Dry Pasta
- Tomatoes/Pasta Sauce
- Dry Soup
- Canned Fruit
- Canned Soup
- Kraft Dinner
- Meal Helpers
- Atta (South Asian Wheat Flour)
- Besan (Chickpea Flour)
- White or Brown sugar
- Toilet paper
- No longer in need of Bottled Water (Thank you to everyone who has brought water already)