We Are OPEN and Distributing Food
- As an essential service, Archway Food Bank is open and will continue to stay open.
- Your health and safety is a priority for us. We are operating with an outdoor system. When you arrive for your regular appointment, a staff member/volunteer will help by bringing your loaded grocery cart to the distribution door, where you can then load your vehicle or take with you.
- We please ask that if you need to speak to our receptionist, that you consider calling ahead rather than meeting in person. 604-859-5749
- Food choices are more limited than normal, including fresh food at this time.
Please bring ID and proof of address in Abbotsford.
For those that do not have ID or proof of address, please let us know so we can chat about the food options.
At this time, we are distributing food to all Abbotsford residents that come to us in need of food during our hours of distribution.
However, we reserve the right to make alternative arrangements with any person who is showing symptoms of sickness or creating an unsafe environment.
Call ahead to make an appointment – 604-859-5749
Due to capacity limits – scheduling an appointment is greatly appreciated.
We help families, seniors, new community members, people who have recently lost their employment and more.
One food hamper per household per month is available. Food hamper will include pantry items, fresh vegetables, fresh fruit, and other produce when available.
Upon second visit, we request that you register for short term hamper distribution. The following items listed below will be needed when registering.
Need food short term? This is what you'll need to bring.
What do I need to bring on my second visit?
Returning Guest? Miss your pick up date? Please call to make an appointment: 604-859-5749
TO REGISTER FOR FOOD BANK
You will be asked to bring the following:
- During BC’s State of Emergency we will not require any income testing
- Proof of residency in Abbotsford (piece of current mail with your name on it)
- Picture ID
- Medical cards for everyone in the family
*household consists of all adults living in home. The information that is collected is to help us understand our guests circumstance and ensure there is adequate access to food to meet the needs of our guests.
Hours of Distribution:
Please note the time of hamper distribution depends on your household makeup.
- Families with Children in their Care Mon -Thurs 9:30am -12pm
- Youth Mon -Thurs 9:30 -12pm
- Seniors over 60 Mon -Thurs 9:30am -12pm
- Pregnant Mon -Thurs 9:30am -12pm
- Singles and Couples Mon -Thurs 1:30pm -3:00pm
Please note: if you have
missed your scheduled hamper pick up date, please call 604-859-5749 to arrange a new pick up date. Thank you!
Live too far away? Need evening pick up? Check out our Neighbourhood Satellite times. Appointment required.
What if I’m Sick?
Are you in quarantine due to exposure to COVID-19 or travel?
Ask a friend or family to pick up on your behalf or give us a call for options! 604-859-5749
Your hunger, health and safety is a priority for us.
Key symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Fever or chills
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Difficulty breathing
Other symptoms may include:
- Sore throat
- Loss of appetite
- Extreme fatigue or tiredness
- Body aches
- Nausea or vomiting
For BC COVID-19 Self Assessment tool CLICK HERE.
Please fill out the form below. A staff member will call or email you during business hours after the form is filled.
Thank you! If you don’t hear from us within 2 days, please call – 604-859-5749
get connected with
What is the Christmas Bureau?
Christmas can be a difficult time, especially on a limited income. The Christmas Bureau has two options for you. Either to be sponsored by someone in the community or invited to receive gifts and food through the Christmas Bureau’s toy room.
Due to our limited capacity, applications close December 4th.
Sponsored By The COMMUNITY
You will receive a groceries for a Christmas dinner, and gifts delivered to your door. For this, you MUST have a working phone or email to be in contact with the sponsor. They will contact you to arrange a CONTACT-LESS drop-off date. If you are not comfortable with a visit from a sponsor, please ask us about options. This year we are asking all sponsors not to enter any home.
You will have the opportunity to shop for your children (for free!) in our toy room, fully and graciously stocked by our community. You will also receive groceries for a Christmas dinner and extra Christmas treats from the Food Bank.
Two appointments will be booked for December. One for Toy Room and one for grocery pick up at the Food Bank.
Family Application Senior Application
What can I expect after I fill out the application?
Please note: Filling out the application DOES NOT automatically qualify you to be Sponsored by the Community. But you will be able to access food at the Food Bank.
**Please ensure you are ONLY adding dependent children who are in your care. Unfortunately, we are not sponsoring grandchildren.
- A staff member will contact you if you need to update your food bank file
(First time? Find out what you need to qualify click: here)
- If you are updated you will be contacted when matched.
- Once your information is confirmed, you will be asked to book your Toy Room date online.
Please call the Abbotsford Christmas Bureau if you have any questions or concerns.